Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The big hunt











Well steve drew a bull elk tag this year and he was so excited to go. Me on the other hand I know how much more work it is for me when he is gone so I wasnt excited for him to leave. Who would know that everything that could have gone wrong did. The first night he was gone I was woke up at 3 oclock in the morning to the powerpole on the corner of our property on fire. I had to be up feeding at 5:30 so needless to say I didn't get much sleep. The power was still out when I left for work at 7. Its never a good day when you don't get your morning shower. Then the next day I had to leave work early because Wes was sick. Steve came home friday night because Tel was supposed to have a football game saturday morning. The game was canceled. He came home with good news he had killed a sick point bull elk and they were going back up saturday afternoon to bring it out and should be home on monday. Yeah right. Well sunday morning we woke up to a foot of snow. I went out to feed the roping cattle and on of the heifers had calved. The mom wouldn't take care of it so I had to call Joe and he came to the rescue. The calf is still doing well. With all of the snow they werent able to get steves bull out until tuesday afternoon. They werent home in time for the football game so I had to hurry home from work to get the boys and then hurry right back to Gooding for the football game. Yes I work in gooding so the game was at my school. I guess it is times like this that you realize how much that other person does to make our lives work. Well Steve got his bull elk and he is so proud of it. Life is back to normal once again too.

1 comment:

  1. I love the photos they look cold but all of the snow and frost are really pretty

    ReplyDelete